DEFENSIVE PISTOL CLASS
This intensive 8 hour course bridges the gap between entry level handgun skills to intermediate / advanced techniques of defensive shooting from your concealed holster.
You will be introduced to communication, situational awareness, mindset, threat identification, shooting from cover and concealment, moving and shooting and unconventional shooting positions combined with realistic scenario based training.
THIS IS NOT A BEGINNERS CLASS. YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING FROM A HOLSTER. Prerequisites: Our Pistol 102, Pistol Tactics 1 or proof of equivalent training from a reputable firearms instructor will qualify you to register for this class.
Training is only open to U.S. Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR 120-130)
Must be 21 years of age
Provide a valid state driver's license, identification card or permanent residents
- Refine your shooting fundamentals
- Understanding communication
- Understanding the concept of searching and scanning
- Identify threats
- Understanding reloading techniques
- Perform malfunction clearance procedures
- Perform moving then shooting and shooting while moving
- Shooting from cover and concealment and concealment
- Shooting from unconventional positions
- Eye and ear protection
- Ball cap
- Quality functional semi-automatic pistol.
- No micro or pocket pistols – Full size and compact pistols only.
- 3 or more magazines
- Magazine pouch
- Kydex dominate side holster (IWB), (OWB) or appendix. Must be concealed by an outer garment
- No shoulder holsters, cross draw or small of the back holsters, Surpa Holsters, Uncle Mike Holsters, Sticky Holster, or Belly Wrap holsters.
- Sturdy belt
- Enclosed shoes (No flip flops or sandals)
- Crew neck (T-shirt) or button up shirt (No low cut neckline)
- Rain gear and appropriate clothing for weather and sunscreen as needed.
- Estimated round count 700
- Hydration and bagged lunch (water, Gatorade, etc.)