PISTOL 101 CLASS
This course is for the beginner or inexperience shooter. The course includes: firearm safety, range safety, nomenclature of handguns, ammunition, basic fundamentals of shooting, cleaning, maintenance and proper storage of firearms. The curriculum was written for students who have little or no experience with handguns. Its the starting point for our students and is the foundational class for our defensive pistol class and our other advanced training classes. In addition to learning the proper techniques of shooting , the class will cover what you need to do to prepare yourself and your equipment before, during, and after you go to the range. The class is 4 to 5 hours long.
Training is only open to U.S. Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR 120-130)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Provide a valid state driver's license, identification card or permanent residents (green card holder)
- Responsible firearm ownership for home and vehicle
- Safe use and handling of firearms
- Components of the modern pistol and revolver
- Range Safety and etiquette
- Types, components and purpose of modern ammunition
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Loading and unloading handgun
- Preventive maintenance (Cleaning, maintenance, inspection and proper storage)
- Dry and Live fire drills
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Ball Cap
- Quality functional semi-automatic pistol. Micro or pocket pistols are permitted.. However, we discourage their use during this class as you will not receive the full benefits of the training. We suggest full size or medium sized handgun. Rentals are available.
- Enclosed shoes (No flip flops or sandals)
- Crew neck (T-shirt) or button up shirt (No low cut neckline)
- Rain gear and appropriate clothing for weather and sunscreen if needed.
- Estimated round count 125 rounds.
- Hydration (water, Gatorade, etc.) Light snack
- This class can also be given in a private setting. individual or up to 4 people.