DEFENSIVE PISTOL CLASS
This intensive 8 hour course bridges the gap between entry level foundational handgun skills and defensive shooting from concealment. You will be introduced to communication steps, situational awareness methods, mindset and threat identification, combined with realistic common sense shooting
This is an Intermediate class. Students must be already proficient with their handgun handling skills and safety.
Prerequisites are: Pistol 101 and 102 or certificates from a recognized training company.
Training is only open to U.S. Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR 120-130)
Must be 21 years of age
Provide a valid state driver's license, identification card or permanent residents
- Refine your shooting fundamentals
- Understanding basic communications
- Understanding the concept of searching and scanning
- Identify threats
- Understanding reloading techniques
- Perform malfunction clearance procedures
- Perform moving then shooting and shooting from cover and concealment
- Perform failure drills
- Eye and ear protection
- Ball cap
- Quality functional semi-automatic pistol.
- No micro or pocket pistols – Full size and compact pistols only.
- 3 or more magazines
- Magazine pouch
- Dominate side holster (IWB), (OWB) or appendix. Must be concealed by an outer garment
- No shoulder holsters, cross draw or small of the back holsters
- Sturdy belt
- Enclosed shoes (No flip flops or sandals)
- Crew neck (T-shirt) or button up shirt (No low cut neckline)
- Rain gear and appropriate clothing for weather and sunscreen as needed.
- Estimated round count 600
- Hydration (water, Gatorade, etc.) 8-hour classes will include a 1-hour lunch break